We run in all weather conditions! Only a severe weather alerts or lighting will delay the race.
Sorry, we do not give refunds.
You can park on many city streets for FREE as there is no charge for meters on Sundays. There is also plenty of parking in city lots and garages within a block of Clinton Square where the race starts and finishes and the post-race party will be held; please note, that garages and lots are NOT free.
There are no transfer of bibs.
Yes, you can pick up another runner’s packet with their authorization (a signed document) and a photocopy of their ID BUT we strongly encourage each runner to pick up their own packet as there are random prizes awarded!
- Your premium performance long sleeve shirt
- Your Custom Mountain Goat Finisher Medal (you’ll never want to take it off!)
- 10 miles on a safe, traffic-free course with police and over 100 volunteers protecting you
- Music on the course, including those motivating drums and local bands on Colvin and the Sour Citrus Society at the top
- A post-race party sponsored with adult beverages!
- The band Showtime playing in Clinton Square post-race
- Time-bonus patches
- 6 water and aid stations on the course
- Post-race refreshments (water, bagels, chocolate milk, bananas, chocolate chip cookies, chips!)
- Custom bib with your first name printed on it
- Medical support on site
- Age group awards and prizes
- Leone Timing for immediate results availability
By popular demand (from our post-race runner survey) we are bringing back a shirt for this year’s premium item. We also are providing free training runs with the purchase of a custom training run t-shirt! Long or short sleeves…the Goat has got you covered!
The Kids Half Mile Fun Run starts at 8:50am. The 10 Mile Mountain Goat Run and Two Person Relay both start at 9:15am.
Yes! Sign up is at The Saltine Warrior Sports Pub just off Clinton Square at 214 W. Water Street.
Packet Pick Up and In-Person Registration will be held at Fleet Feet Sports, 5800 Bridge Street, East Syracuse, NY 13057.
Friday, May 3rd: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, May 4th: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Race Day Packet Pick Up & Registration, 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. will be held at Saltine Warrior, 214 W. Water St, Syracuse, NY 13224.
All participants in the 10 Mile Mountain Goat Run should be able to finish the course in 2 hours and 10 minutes (13 minutes per mile)
Brueggers bagels, Byrne Dairy chocolate milk, Friehofers chocolate chip cookies, bananas, oranges, Lay’s potato chips, water, AND NYS craft beer- ALL FOR FREE
There will be awards for the top 3 males and females in the following age groups:
18 and under, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 64-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and up.
Awards presentation begins at 12:00 a.m. in Clinton Square.
Yes! In addition to the classic and colorful “Goat Herder” t-shirt, volunteers get a wristband for the post-race party beer too!
There will be portable restrooms at the Start/Finish line, Stolp Avenue, in Kirk Park, and in Thornden Park!